Specialist Cleaning Services
Some of the specialist cleaning services we offer are detailed below. The cost of these services will depend greatly on the item and the individual treatment needed. If you need your garment specially treated or cared for, then please talk to one of our experts, who will be happy to assist.
Suede & Leather Cleaning
We offer a comprehensive suede and leather cleaning service, and are able to handle all types of items from sheepskin coats to biker leathers, sheepskin rugs and even gloves. Repairs and alterations to suede and leather garments are also available.
- Purchase a suede protector from a leather or suede specialty shop to defend against water damage and stains.
- Suede brushes are recommended to keep suede’s unique texture. Brush gently in a circular motion to raise the nap and restore softness.
- Do not store suede items in plastic; they need to be able to breathe. Store them in old pillowcases or cover with a sheet.
- Store suede items in a dry, dark place. Moisture and light can cause mildew growth and fading.
- If your suede gets wet, blot the water with a towel.
- Allow the suede to dry in the open air. Do not use heat to dry; this can damage the item.
- When dry, use a suede brush (available at leather and suede specialty stores) to restore the nap, the raised fibres that give suede its unique texture. Alternatively, a terry towel can help restore the look of suede.
- Do not use at-home stain removers on suede; they may create a stain of their own.
- Use a nail file or suede brush to rub away dirt and dried mud from suede shoes. This also works for scuff marks.
- Oily stains like salad dressing, butter, and mayonnaise can be absorbed by talcum powder or cornstarch. Let the powder sit on the stain until it has been soaked up, then brush off. Take to a dry cleaner to remove any remaining stain.
- To help stop an ink stain from setting, use a damp—but not wet—cloth to gently wipe. Take the garment to a professional for complete stain removal.
- If a stain is severe, take the garment to a dry cleaner using GreenEarth—it is safe for suedes and leathers and the most gentle dry cleaning solution to get the stain out.
Wax Jacket Cleaning & Re-Waxing
We are able to clean and re-wax garments that have a wax protection on them.
The garments are cleaned and stripped of the old wax and dirt, and then new wax is re-applied to give the garment a clean and fresh look and full protection from the worst of the weather.
Moth Protection Products
Should you discover moth damage then please have your garments dry cleaned—the solvents will kill any eggs present in the garments. Thereafter use our Acana range of moth killers to deal with the problem. Ideally it is best to store suits/dresses/knitwear in garment covers & knitwear bags etc for additional protection.
With above-average temperatures across the UK forecast with global warming it is perfect for Clothes Moths and it’s the keratin in natural fibres found in Vintage Clothing as well as valuable knitwear that they really make a feast of. Ensure you renew your Acana moth killer products on a regular basis—you cannot insure against moth damage in your home or on your insurance policies.
As you re-introduce items back into your wardrobe and out of storage make sure you have Moth Killers & Deterrents in place and replace them when necessary.